Facing criminal charges can be a scary time in a person’s life. The possibility of a jail fine–or at the very least, a hefty fine–might be looming. The accused person might be presumed guilty by their social circle and neighborhood. The case the state is preparing might seem more substantial than it is. This is when a Midland criminal defense lawyer who understands the realities of the system should be turned to for reliable guidance and advocacy.
Why Hire Us?
Our Midland criminal defense attorney knows that not everyone charged with a crime is a bad person, nor are they necessarily guilty. A former prosecutor, Attorney Hull understands how our system works, and he leverages that experience to benefit defendants who need help. Serving all of Midland County and into Odessa, Tommy W. Hull PC gives defendants the zealous legal representation they deserve.
Have you or a loved one been arrested on criminal charges in Texas? Call Tommy W. Hull, PC today at (432) 223-0044 or contact us onlineto schedule a meeting with our criminal defense lawyer in Midland!
Our legal system promises every defendant the right to a fair trial. But to be truly “fair,” a defendant must get an attorney who does more than go through the motions. A legitimate defense calls for a lawyer to get in the trenches and fight on every detail of the case. A truly fair trial will involve a defense attorney who believes in his client, listens to his client, and then exhausts every option available.
Attorney Tommy Hull left his job as chief felony prosecutor precisely so he could give this kind of real criminal defense, at least to the clients that come through his door. Before any accused person gives up, they should give him a call.
Contact our criminal defense lawyer in Midland today to start your defense!
Client was a local police officer charged with manslaughter for being in a car accident while responding to a call that resulted in the death of a ...
Drug Crime Possession of a Controlled Substance
Client was a young man in his twenties who was arrested at a movie theater for public intoxication, a charge that the client later only paid a fine for. ...
Manslaughter Intoxication Manslaughter Jury Trial
The client was indicted for intoxication manslaughter after he swerved to miss an animal in the roadway and flipped his vehicle, causing a passenger to ...
Assault Aggravated Assault Causing Serious Bodily Injury Enhanced to a 1st Degree
The client was a local business owner who was charged with causing several fractures to the jaw and teeth of an unruly patron he removed from his ...
Probation Probation Revocation
The client was accused of failing to comply with the terms of his felony probation. After reviewing the file, I was able to determine that the State had ...
Driver's License Suspension Driver's License Suspension Hearing
The State attempted to suspend my client's driver's license because he refused to submit to a blood sample during a DWI stop. After reviewing the police ...
Assault includes more than the act of physically striking another person. It can also include the credible threat of violence. Whether the charge is simple assault or the more serious, aggravated assault, Attorney Hull can help.
Domestic violence is a crime that is rightly reviled. But just because a crime is rightly revealed doesn’t mean every person accused of it is guilty. Attorney Hull knows that, and he’ll provide a listening ear for any accused person needing to tell their story.
Drug crimes might involve high-level trafficking done by a cartel leader out of a plush office. It might also be a teenager with a packet of illegal drugs in the glove compartment of their car. Or anything in between. What the defendants in all of these varied cases have in common is that they need a good lawyer. Attorney Hull is ready for the case.
Attorney Hull knows that blood-alcohol level tests are not always as infallible as many believe and that not all stops by police officers were justified. No matter what your circumstance, he’ll drill down on the details of a case and see if there’s a viable path to acquittal.
A conviction on sex crime charges carries serious consequences in of it itself, but even after the sentence is served, a person might have to register in a database and lose other rights. That’s to say nothing of the loss of reputation. Anyone accused needs the kind of rigorous defense that Attorney Hull provides.
Unlike robbery or burglary, theft does not involve the use of a weapon or even breaking into someone’s property. That doesn’t mean there can’t be serious penalties, including jail, even for misdemeanor offenses. Call Attorney Hull before talking to the authorities.
Weapons crimes are another charge whose consequences–if convicted–last well beyond the term of the actual sentence. Restrictions and even the elimination of one’s right to possess a gun may follow. Before that happens, let Attorney Hull get you the fair trial you deserve.
What Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
A criminal defense lawyer specializes in representing individuals who are accused of committing a crime. Their primary duty is to protect the rights and interests of their clients throughout the criminal justice process. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities and a deep understanding of criminal law, as well as a commitment to upholding the principles of justice and due process.
- Legal Counsel: One of the fundamental roles of a criminal defense lawyer is to provide legal counsel to their clients. They offer advice and guidance on the legal aspects of the case, explaining the charges, potential consequences, and available defenses. This guidance helps clients make informed decisions about how to proceed with their case.
- Investigation and Research: Criminal defense lawyers conduct thorough investigations to gather evidence that can support their client's defense. This includes reviewing police reports, interviewing witnesses, and examining any physical evidence. They may also consult with experts in various fields to build a strong defense strategy.
- Developing Defense Strategies: Based on their research and analysis of the case, criminal defense lawyers develop defense strategies tailored to the specific circumstances. These strategies may involve challenging the legality of evidence, questioning witness credibility, or arguing that their client's actions were justified.
- Negotiating Plea Bargains: In some cases, a criminal defense lawyer may negotiate with the prosecution to reach a plea bargain. This involves working out a mutually acceptable agreement that typically results in reduced charges or sentencing in exchange for the defendant's guilty plea. The lawyer's role is to ensure that any plea bargain is in the best interests of their client.
- Representing Clients in Court: Criminal defense lawyers are responsible for representing their clients in court proceedings. This includes pre-trial hearings, trials, and, if necessary, appeals. They present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and argue legal points on behalf of their clients, striving to secure a favorable outcome.
- Protecting Constitutional Rights: Criminal defense lawyers play a crucial role in safeguarding their clients' constitutional rights. They ensure that law enforcement officers have followed proper procedures during arrests, interrogations, and searches. If any rights have been violated, they may file motions to suppress evidence or have charges dismissed.
Contact Our Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you have been charged with a crime, seeking legal representation from our experienced Midland criminal defense attorney is essential. We can help protect your rights, advise you on your options, and work to achieve the best possible outcome in your case. Don't hesitate to reach out for help – the sooner you seek legal counsel, the better your chances of a successful defense. Remember, you have the right to a fair and thorough defense, and our skilled attorney can help ensure you receive it.
Contact Tommy W. Hull, PC, today to schedule a FREE consultation with our Midland criminal defense attorney!